This is one of my favorite dinners to make. I don’t make it super often because we don’t always get sweet potatoes, but it’s delicious.
Have any of you ever dipped a sweet potato fry into ketchup? Okay, well remember that as you read this recipe because it sounds a little weird at first, but all the flavors baking together taste so wonderful! Seriously! I love it! And it’s much healthier than a sweet potato fry and ketchup.
- 2 Chicken Breasts thawed and diced into pieces
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes OR 1 large diced tomato (obviously the better option)
- 1 can rinsed black beans
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1-2 diced sweet potatoes
- Optional (shredded Mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut and dice everything that needs it
- Add all ingredients into a baking dish (adding the tomatoes and tomato paste last) Don’t forget to grease it!
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Remove foil
- Add cheese if you desire (my husband is allergic to dairy so we skip this part)
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
It’s pretty simple and it’s delicious. This one isn’t a 30 Minute Dinner, but it’s almost easier than some of them because you literally just cut, dice, throw in the pan, and bake. If you try it I would love to hear your honest thoughts, even if you hate it (but I don’t think you will).