You may notice a theme in my cooking, especially since I have been pregnant. I like black beans, tomatoes, and chicken. I could make about any meal from those three things. However, this soup has something that makes it taste so much better than it would ever taste with just those ingredients.
- Coconut Milk
- Diced Tomatoes
- Can of Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- Can of chicken or about 1 cooked breast diced or pulled apart into small pieces
- 1/2 Cup Beef or Chicken Broth (beef is better) or a Bullion Cube of either
- 1 Cup Kale or Spinach (optional and I prefer Kale to Spinach)
- Chives (also optional) Just a tiny bit
- Add all ingredients to a pot
- Turn onto Medium-Low Heat
- Stir occasionally until boiling
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat to simmer
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes
It’s pretty simple and usually takes about 10 minutes to come to a boil. You can eat after simmering or low heat for 10 minutes, but if you want a better flavor leave it to simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, but it’s good either way.
I love this meal it is one of my absolute favorites and when we have a loaf of bread I like to make toast to go along with it. But it’s also great by itself. I hope you enjoy!
P.S. I also occasionally add diced up potatoes in this if I have them and I’m in the mood to chop them up, it makes it a little more “hearty” but it doesn’t call for them so don’t feel like you have to have them.